„When I got my Master’s from NYU, I knew that I wanted to be a data scientist, but I wasn’t sure what industry I wanted to be in. Then I heard about Bertelsmann’s rotation program where I would get to try different businesses and have an impact on different areas of the business as a data scientist, plus, as a bonus, get to travel a lot and live abroad.“
Bertelsmann Future Leaders Data Science
Data-driven with determination: Make your move.
There is an immense variety of projects around data at Bertelsmann. That’s why we decided to train our very own data experts by setting up a graduate program for data scientists. Our Future Leaders Graduate Program enables data experts to develop innovative solutions for the ever-changing media world.
If you are goal-oriented with a curious and problem-solving mindset, profound knowledge of machine learning methods and database concepts, our graduate program is your ideal next move. With our program specifically designed for Future Leaders in data science, we offer you the freedom you need to kickstart your career and create your own success story.
Join our Data Science Graduate Program and you will
- Get to know different Bertelsmann divisions worldwide over the course of 18 months and multiple rotations
- Learn from renowned data scientists and explore new use cases for machine learning and AI
- Constantly train yourself and hone your data skills within a business context
- Add your knowledge and experience to at least three major data projects
- Leverage new data sources and integrate traditional structured data with raw data
International work experience
Global network and community
Individual career coaching and targeted trainings
Excellent career prospects
What you should bring to be a Data Future Leader
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related topics
- Problem-solving mindset with strong relationship building, collaborative and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of machine learning methods and database concepts
- Solid programming skills in Python and R; additional programming languages such as SAS, Scala, Spark, C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience working with data science (via internships, research projects etc.)
„One of the things I really like is that I deal with complex data and methods on the one hand, and Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland and RTL Nederland’s many different formats on the other in my work. It’s my link from the data bubble to the ‘normal world’ out there.“
At a glance
- Application period: Spring 2022
- Start: Fall 2022
- Duration: 18 months
- Language: English
Bertelsmann Future Leaders | Data Science
Is a certain grade point average required?
For the Data Track of our Future Leaders Graduate Program, we are looking for master or Ph.D. graduates who have completed their degree within the standard period of study and are among the best in their field.
Coding is my passion but not my academic subject. Can I apply nevertheless?
Sure. We are looking for future data experts who are passionate and eager to learn. That’s why we do welcome self-taught „data scientists” to our graduate program, too.
How important is practical experience?
We welcome it if you have already gained some practical experience in business, for example during a longer internship.
What divisions will I be working at?
During the 18-month program, you will get to know very diverse areas of Bertelsmann, such as RTL Group, Penguin Random House, Gruner + Jahr, Arvato, BMG or the Bertelsmann Education Group.