„Business today is a worldwide arena. At Bertelsmann, I’ve been fortunate to work across borders from Beijing to Berlin, London to Los Angeles on complex, creative, and entrepreneurial initiatives that both strengthen the core business and push new frontiers for one of the world’s most enduring and recognized companies.“
Bertelsmann Entrepreneurs Program
Write your Own Chapter in Bertelsmann's Success Story!
About the Program
Are you an emerging entrepreneur who likes to approach challenges independently? Would you like to unfold your entrepreneurial spirit and your passion for the world of media?
The Bertelsmann Entrepreneurs Program (BEP) takes the slogan “Create Your Own Career” literally. Each year, we invite a handful of graduating MBA students from top business schools worldwide to take part in this program. Over the course of 18 months, BEP participants rotate through different Bertelsmann divisions worldwide, seeking out and implementing a number of entrepreneurial projects as they go. The aim is to prepare participants – who are as diverse as the customized operative and strategic projects they work on – for assuming high-level responsibility within a short period of time.
Through the Bertelsmann University in partnership with international high-class business schools, BEP offers excellent opportunities for professional development. The program includes mentoring by Corporate Management Development and divisional leaders, as well as sponsorship from a member of the Bertelsmann Executive Board.
What’s in it for You?
The Bertelsmann Entrepreneurs Program offers you the perfect opportunity to:
- Gain well-founded insights into the corporate structure and culture at Bertelsmann
- Work on different entrepreneurial projects matching your professional background, interest and strengths
- Think about the next frontiers in the media, services and education sector and see how the digital transformation affects different businesses
- Expand your network and get to know innovative, creative people in an international setting
We are looking for participants who show self-direction in their work and enjoy taking on responsibility while working in cross-functional teams. You should be willing and able to work in international settings and to identify business opportunites, leveraging creativity and entrepreneurial freedom. We also require:
- MBA degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven entrepreneurial experience displayed in a business initiative or large project
- Demonstrated affinity for media and data-driven business models
- Superior relationship-building and collaborative skills with the ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ideally combined with knowledge of data analytics and related programming languages
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage complex projects
- Willingness to travel and work in different cultures
„For me, Bertelsmann is not a media company – it is very unique on a global perspective. I think there is hardly any other company that has grown so quickly over some decades and is now again investing and reinventing itself on a global level.“
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 126,000 employees and generated revenues of €18.0 billion in the 2019 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world. Bertelsmann aspires to achieve climate neutrality by 2030.